Chips and Polish


Not a pretty picture, huh?

Recently I found a book that I bought almost six years ago called "How To Be A Lady". It's bright magenta cover caught my eye in one of the moving boxes and I thought to myself "Why did I buy this" and while I flipped through several pages, I found out that I've been breaking some lady-like rules. 

This being one of them: Chipped Nail Polish. And then there's more on nail etiquette.

"If a lady chooses to wear nail polish, she makes sure it is not chipped."

"A lady never paints her nails in public."

"A lady gets a pedicure in preparation for the warm weather months."

I'm sure that I have broken all these rules at one time or another. However, they do make sense. In response to this contemporary guide to common courtesy, I went with a polish idea that I saw in Pinterest and have to say, it's pretty out there.
I call it...

Tip of the Iceberg





All you do is paint the darkest polish onto your pretty little nails first. After it has time to dry, take the glitter polish and do a sweep across each nail along the tips. As that dries, brush the glitter polish toward the base of the nail for an "ombre" effect with the glitter. Once your done, complete the manicure with a clear coat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment